Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bride Pride

Today is Bride Show in Dubai. Good to find one of my colleagues today morning almost dressed up like a bride as she will be attending it. Admirable spirit though!

It took me 5 years back while I was in an assignment to cover Bride Show in New York. 1000’s of dresses, jewellery and accessories to choose from, the Bride Show, New York was set to be the best ever! Wonderful it was to see my country women all decked up in traditional Indian dazzling bridal attire. Nostalgic I was that day, staying miles away from home!!!

Well, one of my very nearest friends accompanied me.
While busy taking interviews, all on a sudden, I remembered him missing for long. His mobile didnt respond to my repeated call. My worried eyes started searching him. After a while I found him sitting in a cozy corner engrossed in chatting with a gorgeous girl. Oh Gosh! I controlled my anger, thinking - He probably has found his Bride in this Bride Show. Yes, it worked out... after a year's courtship they got married.

He truly didnt miss a single bit of fun that day to draft everyday of his life ....

2 comments:

  1. a proud moment indeed- thanks 2 bride show..cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that was interesting.have not heard of bride shows before.

    ReplyDelete